I finally got around to upgrading my MAMP install yesterday to PHP 5.5.3, and as I was working on a client’s website I began noticing that the pages I were working on weren’t seeing the code changes I just made. I’ve seen this before and it’s quite maddening. Luckily this time it coincided with my upgrade of PHP, so it was easier to track down.
Seems MAMP with PHP 5.5.3 has a cache turned on (started in 5.5) and I found my answer here. In your MAMP folder go to /bin/php/php5.5.3/conf/php.ini and comment the OPcache lines:
[OPcache] ;zend_extension="/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.5.3/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20121212/opcache.so" ; opcache.memory_consumption=128 ; opcache.interned_strings_buffer=8 ; opcache.max_accelerated_files=4000 ; opcache.revalidate_freq=60 ; opcache.fast_shutdown=1 ; opcache.enable_cli=1